Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Don't bite off more than you can chew!


I've been working really hard to finish a few more pieces so I can open my Etsy shop by August 1st.  I'm absolutely digging the work.  It's a great way for me to check out for a bit,do something for me that I really love,  listen to music, and most importantly have a creative outlet again!

 I have a tendency of looking at the big picture too much and sometimes...ok all the time...it kicks me off the track. It disrupts my focus.  In turn I take on too much and then there's no way for me to succeed. So this time I will learn from past mistakes and take this one step at a time!

The only thing I need to concentrate on right now is getting my store up and running and of course selling something!  

My hubby is in sales and he always says "nothing happens until you sell something." So true.  When I started this blog I thought...

-do a project start to finish
-take pictures along the way 
-blog about it.

 Easier said then done! Tutorials take time. I've got 2 young kids, a husband that travels for work and we don't live close to family. So I don't have much help.  I need to be honest about what I can and can not accomplish so I don't set myself up to fail.  At this point in time I am stealing moments to work on my projects.  So I will not be doing tutorials right now.  I'm not saying never I'm just saying not right now. I will post pictures of my work but step by step tutorials with pictures are just not happening.

2 weeks ago I had a mother's helper 3 hours a day for the entire week.
 Totally Rocked!  

It's amazing how much you can get done when you have uninterrupted  time to work.  I absolutely ADORE my littles but it's not easy to craft when they are in the studio with me. We are in the process of setting up a play space in the basement. This will definitely buy me some more time. So for now I will not bite off more than I can chew.  I'll be back with updates on getting the shop up and running.

Until then...

GET CRAFTY!


Hxo

No comments:

Post a Comment